Have you ever packed for a trip well in advance, but still ended up forgetting some of the most important items at home? We've all done it at some point, and this list will help finally bring that problem to an end. This checklist will cover all the essentials you will need to be prepared any trip anytime, anywhere.
- Cash - there are some places that don't accept card as form of payment. It's good to always carry cash, especially in case of emergency
- Passport (if you're going international) or Government-issued ID (if domestic)
- Travel-size toiletries - make sure your liquid containers are 3.4 oz or less!
- Sunscreen - again, 3.4 ounces
- Number of underwear same as the number of days you'll be away, plus 2 - laundry is not guaranteed, so better be safe than sorry. The two extra are to account for any accidents that may happen :)
- Journal + writing utensils - it's important to document your adventures and the things you've learned along the way. You'll look back on these memories years from now, and be grateful that you did it!
- Book or download movies for entertainment
- 3 pairs of shoes - one pair of sneakers, one pair of heels, and one pair of everyday shoes
- 3 basic tops - any of your go-to t-shirts, tank tops, etc.
- 2 bottoms - jeans for casual wear and any dressier bottoms of your choosing (skirt, shorts, or trousers)
- 2 jackets - one heavy and one lightweight
- Cellphone - a definite necessity if you don't know where you're going!
- Camera - to capture the memories and other beautiful things
- Chargers for the above-mentioned gadgets
- Universal adapter/converter - if you don't already know, different regions of the world require different electrical outputs
- Resistance bands - you can do countless exercises with this portable workout equipment to stay in shape while traveling
- Mini first-aid kit that contains all the medicines you take on a daily basis, a copy of your prescriptions, pain reliever, antibacterial wipes, self-closure elastic bandage, safety pins, tweezers, contact lenses (if necessary), water purification tablets, and stomach medicine
- Collapsible bag - you never know when you'll need an extra bag, especially if you are a heavy shopper. It's great to have one handy that you can bring in your luggage just in case. You can even use this bag as you go around town!
- Travel pillow + blanket - some airlines don't provide new or clean ones for their next passengers
- Swimwear - every trip calls for a relaxing time in the water!
here are some of our favorite swimsuits that you'll need for your next trip:
No matter where you're going, we hope you have a safe and amazing trip!